Changing my account email to/from an alias of itself

Steve Gallant December 10, 2018

Hello there, 

I tried looking this up, but was unsuccessful as I didn't really know how to phrase the question. Here are the details:

• My email account has been switched from first.last@domain.com to first@domain.com
  • first.last@domain.com is now an alias to first@domain.com
    • This is now the real account
  • When I try to change my email Manage Your Account, I get an email to first.last@domain.com saying that I should check first@domain.com, however I never get the email at first@domain.com
    • I wonder if the fact that the email is an alias of itself is causing issues with the mail even being sent

I'm a site admin for our cloud instance, so I imagine I should be able to make whatever change necessary from your impending solutions :)

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2018

I suspect something might be wrong with your email system.  Jira has no knowledge or understanding of email aliases - it simply fires the email off to the address its been given.

If you're getting emails from it ok on the old address, then it's able to send, so it must be the aliasing on the email server.

Steve Gallant December 10, 2018

Thanks Nic - I'll check internally here to see if there is some sort of filtering going on. Never thought of that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events