cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Confluence Keyboard Shortcuts

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

Hi there,

How can I change Confluence keyboard shortcuts that are not defined in the file editor_plugins_src.js as described here ("Changing Editor's Keyboard Shortcuts")? E.g. changing the shortcut for "Headings 1 to 6"?

Cheers,

Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

Ok, I found the solution, at least for the headings, here. :-)

The post only mentions the shortcut vor Ctrl+7. For Ctrl+1 - Ctrl+6 you have to look for the following lines:

for (i=1; i<=6; i++) {
// For safari compatibility we add these shortcuts both with and without the alt/option key
t.addShortcut('ctrl+alt+' + i + ',ctrl+' + i, '', ['FormatBlock', false, 'h' + i]); // ATLASSIAN - our format block method expects html tag names
}
0 votes
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2011
Ok, I found the solution, at least for the headings, here. :-)

The post only mentions the shortcut vor Ctrl+7. For Ctrl+1 - Ctrl+6 you have to look for the following lines:

for (i=1; i<=6; i++) {
// For safari compatibility we add these shortcuts both with and without the alt/option key
t.addShortcut('ctrl+alt+' + i + ',ctrl+' + i, '', ['FormatBlock', false, 'h' + i]); // ATLASSIAN - our format block method expects html tag names
}
Paul Carver February 21, 2019

Can you clarify where I should put this Javascript? Do I need to install Greasemonkey?

Confluence is driving me crazy. I need to use multiple Confluence sites because I work on multiple projects and the keyboard shortcuts are different. I'll go to set a heading level and find myself on a different browser tab because in one Confluence Ctrl-1 sets a level one heading and in another Confluence it opens tab 1. In one Confluence Ctrl-Shift-b toggles list bullets in another it opens a window of bookmarks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events