Change distributable type when upgrading?

timrmoore July 10, 2011

If we have a WAR/EAR instance of Confluence, can we convert it to a Standalone?

We're currently planning on upgrading from 2.6.0 to the latest version. Is it possible, when migrating to a new server to install the standalone version of Confluence and import the data from the WAR version (to create the clone). If it's not possible at that stage, can we change it as we perform the upgrade (either to the interim 2.7.4 version or the final version?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2011

Yes. The exports, and even the database are independent of the distribution. I regularly rebuild our dev/test systems from Production. Production is a WAR, the dev/test systems are mostly Standalone, although there is one which is WAR for doing the final "as live" testing on new stuff.

I'm pretty sure you can go directly from WAR-2.6.0 to Standalone-2.7.4 without having to worry about it at all. (I'm less certain about going 2.6 to 3.5, but that's still about the versions of Confluence, nothing to do with the WAR/Standalone change)

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2011

You'll likely need to progress up some point releases on your path to 3.5. Good luck :)

timrmoore July 10, 2011

@David - I have a feeling we'll need more than luck on this one....!!

Thanks for the answer @Nic. I couldn't think of any reason why not, but thought I'd better be safe than sorry!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events