Change/Reset User Password using a Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups)

Rene Dohl September 15, 2013

Hi,

I grant the users of my Confluence installation access via delegated LDAP authentication, which worked fine. After a while an user changed his password and forgotten it. Unfortunately the users has no given email address.

How can I give him access again?

Greetings,

R.D.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Hi Rene,

Since you're using LDAP, you can reset the user's password directly there. Confluence will always check the password in the LDAP, no password is stored locally in Confluence, so that once the user enters the new password, it'll be able to login again.

Cheers

0 votes
Pankaj Yadav September 23, 2013

First you should keep a track on user password expiration reminder via some tools as if a user password is going to expire it will give an alert in a day before

also try out Identity and access managment tool so that a user can change/reset their password by own or delegate the permission to their co workers as well it will ease you work also as an admnistrator in case take a look at this utility :

selfservicepasswordreset.net

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events