• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Center Widget Connector

Hello,

I use confluence as a knowledge and connect that to our customer portal. I use the widget connector to showcase some videos. However, I cannot get the videos to be center in the page. It is set to be center but it always displays on the left hand side in both confluence and the customer portal. How can I center it on the page?

View from Portal:

view frm portal.png

View from Confluence:

view from confluence.png

2 answers

Hello Paige,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

The Widget Connector doesn't allow for you to align the content inside of it. I would much more recommend the iFrame macro for this.

For the URL, insert the URL as it is in the embed code from Vimeo. (e.g. https://player.vimeo.com/video/#########  instead of https://vimeo.com/######### ). You can then specify the iFrame size. The default size that Vimeo uses in their embed code is 640x401. You can also align this to middle using the iFrame macro.

Could you give that a try and let me know how that works for you?

Regards,

Shannon

Hi this worked for me! I embedded a video from Vimeo. I also want to know how i can give the option of viewing the video is fullscreen mode.

Thanks!

Like Shannon Spaniol likes this

Hi Ketan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

It's not possible to set the iFrame to load in fullscreen, but the video host provides this as an option. For Vimeo, the button in the bottom right-hand corner should help with that.

Could you try that and let me know if it works?

Regards,

Shannon

The Iframe did allow me to center it, but I am having the same problem as Ketan when I use the Iframe, I cannot make it full screen. There is no option too.

Thanks,

Paige

@Ketan Pandit and @Paige Tonra,

Full screen mode is a setting controlled by the video host itself, and not something you can do within Confluence natively.

In terms of Vimeo, I discovered that there will be no fullscreen option when embedding a Vimeo hosted video in an iFrame: 

I tested the same for YouTube, and I can confirm that YouTube also disables full screen mode when embedding a video.

In Server, it might be possible to do this with Javascript, but Javascript is blocked on Cloud, so the same workaround would not apply. As a workaround in Cloud, you could include a link to the video directly below the iFrame. 

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Now I can't get it to be centered when using iFrame. In order to center it in the iFrame does it need to be defined in the iFrame settings "align" or when in confluence by clicking the back to center button? Thanks for all your help!

iframe.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.49.09 PM.png

Hi Paige,

My apologies; the align element looks like it actually just aligns in relation to other elements on the page, but not the page itself. So it won't center the iFrame on the page.

I have run some tests, and it appears the best we would be able to do is set the video to the size you want with the macro, and then switch to Fixed Width mode:

CleanShot 2019-12-05 at 14.26.26.png

That will cause the video to appear centered on your screen, but not the page itself. It does not appear that you're able to center the iFrame macro itself on the page.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to offer you a better workaround than this, but it looks like even on the old editor this is the closest I was able to get.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi There

I was able to both center the video AND allow fullscreen mode using the widget connector for my vimeo video. Not sure why it works, to be honest, but try the following:

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 11.47.30.png

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

429 views 23 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you