Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant delete a space

Dina Baksheeva March 28, 2022

I can't delete the space that I've created. There is no OK button. What's the problem? Should I change something in Space Permissions?space.png

3 answers

1 vote
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Dina Baksheeva 
I hope you are well.

Checking the comments from this post we can see the OK button for a second and then it disappears.

This might be some custom JavaScript used by your Confluence administrator to prevent accidental Space deletion, similar to what is described in this KB article (but I don't think this is what is being used).

Contact your Confluence administrator so they can help you to delete this Space from the UI.

Since this customization is applied only on a browser, you might still be able to delete the Space using the REST API.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Dina Baksheeva March 30, 2022

Hi, Thiago!
Thank you for your help)

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

@Dina Baksheeva ,

If permissions are fine then once , clear your browser cache and try. Actually try in incognito mode to see if the issue occurs. 

Hope the above info helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Dina Baksheeva March 28, 2022

Hi, Srinath T!
I cleared the browser cache and checked permissions. The button occurred, but I still can't click it(
delete.gif

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

@Dina Baksheeva ,

I hope you have verified that the permissions are all fine. Let me check what best we can do in this case. 

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

Hi @Dina Baksheeva ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

This does not seem to be permission issue but there is no harm verifying the same.

1. Go to the General Configuration page.
  2. In the left panel, search for the "Space Permissions" option.
  3. See if the group that the user is a member of has the "Delete Own" permission enabled.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events