Cant access after changing base URL

odrehmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2019

I changed base URL for Jira.

Jira is user database server for confluence. Confluence does not take user account credentials any longer. 

We did try to reset Confluence to recovery_admin via edit of bin/setenv.sh 

We still can not login, using recovery_admin with the password written in setenv. 

Before we had not bee able to login in at confluence, we changed base URL of Confluence to same as for JIRA. 

Both, Jira and Confluence are running in  docker instances. 

We need to know how user mgmt of Jira can be signed to Confluence successfully, once we have been able to get access to the Confluence. 

Version of Confluence: 5.10.4

So, fist thing to solve: how login to confluence locally as Jira user mgmt link is not working?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

You will need a Confluence admin that is in the Internal Confluence directory. Do you still have the user that was used when the Confluence instance was created? 

Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) October 26, 2019

No, unfortunately not. It was set by my admin who left company and cant recall. I have access to the jira user mgmt as being admin. I can still log in with my user holding admin rights on jira but not confluence as the link to the user mgmt is broken. I also have admin rights on root level. 

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

@Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) Not sure there is much more you can do without a user that is stored in the Confluence Internal Directory. You have to get an internal user, not one that is pulled from the jira user directory link. If you have access to the DB, you can get the internal Confluence admin and maybe reset the password for that user (not recommended without research or reaching out to Atlassian on how to get the Confluence internal admin password.

Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) October 28, 2019

Yes, this was the perfect hint: We changed the sequence of databases being accessed by confluence, making the local db number one before the lira one. Then we manipulated the db adding new users manually. was really tricky. Problem was on top that the IP of the docker instance was different after each start, making it difficult to connect. 

Anyway...after many tries we managed to create a new local admin for confluence, allowing to reestablish the connect to lira user database. 

Now its running again. 

There should be a easier way to handle such lost link between confluence and jira ....

Many thanks and kind regards 

Oliver

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

@Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) No Problem, glad I could help. So you added new local users to the Confluence internal directory and gave them admin rights? This way you could access Confluence admin activities with one of them and address the Jira user directory issue?

Don't lose the new local user admin :)

Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) October 28, 2019

Exact!

The problem is that you can not use the local admin for confluence as soon you have broken link to lira user database. You will need to manually change the db access sequence to reactivate the local admin. So far out experience ....

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

AH! So you had the Jira user Directory as the first directory in user directory order. Gotcha! Yeah, it is good practice to have the local user directory as the 1st directory in the directory order.

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

@Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) Please don't forget to accept my answer if it works out for you

Oliver Drehmann (Antarus) October 29, 2019

??? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events