Cannot use user-created template when creating new page

Jary Nubla January 27, 2020

I had created a page template and had been using this for years. Unfortunately, when I create a new page using this template now, Confluence doesn't do anything. What happened?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Hi Jary,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this.

From my understanding, you're clicking the menu in Confluence, which takes you to a pop-up screen where you choose your template. From here, you choose your template, and it sends you to a new page in the editor.

At which point does Confluence not do anything? Can you let me know where it goes wrong? If you include a screenshot or two of the issue, it will help.

Regards,

Shannon

Jary Nubla February 5, 2020

Unfortunately, it does not send me to the page editor. See https://jary.tinytake.com/tt/NDA0NjAyNF8xMjQ0MTU4MQ

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Hi Jary,

This is exactly the behavior I am describing when I mentioned the pop-up screen. From this screen, you choose the name of your template. You might need to scroll down a bit to find it. You can also promote your template so it appears higher up on the page. See Promote Your Templates in the Create Dialogue for more information on that.

If you don't see it on this page, you want to make sure that you created your template as a Global template, that it's active, and you didn't create it for the wrong space. If you have trouble with that, send me any screenshots showing your template on your site.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Jary Nubla February 5, 2020

Hi Shannon, 

You said:  you're clicking the menu in Confluence, which takes you to a pop-up screen where you choose your template. From here, you choose your template, and it sends you to a new page in the editor.

My reply which can be seen in the video https://jary.tinytake.com/tt/NDA0NjAyNF8xMjQ0MTU4MQ: Unfortunately, it does not send me to the page editor. To elaborate, after clicking my template, it just shows a preloader and then do nothing. I'm still on the page where I clicked +

That's the issue I'm having. I can easily see where my template is in the popup screen so no need to promote it, thanks.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

My apologies, Jary.

The video didn't play for me nor did I see the control buttons so I assumed it was only a screenshot that you had sent me.

Can you tell me, does your template use the Legacy editor instead of the new editor, and have any variables in it? If you were to create a test template without any variables, does that work?

Regards,

Shannon

Jary Nubla February 6, 2020

My template was created way back before the changes in Confluence was made. If that's what you call the legacy editor, then my answer is yes. And yes, it does have variables in it.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Jary,

Yes, there's two different editors now, and the Legacy one has the Publish button on the bottom instead. of the top.

There's a brand-new bug reported that sounds like what you are struggling with now:

• CONFCLOUD-69212 Cannot create a page using custom page templates for space

I can tell you that we've now escalated this issue internally, so I hope for a fix in the next coming week. I'm going to watch this bug personally, so I can let you know once it's resolved.

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Jary Nubla February 6, 2020

Thanks!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

@Jary Nubla,

As of this morning, the bug says it's fixed and should be working as expected.

Could you confirm that?

Shannon 

Jary Nubla February 7, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Just tested it, it is indeed working now. Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

Hi Jary,

That's great news! So sorry about that hiccup. Glad everything is working now.

Take care, and have a pleasant weekend.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events