Cannot start confluence

ivankostov October 26, 2017

Hi,

I'm using Confluence in a Docker container. My server was working perfectly until I decided to update my image. As suggested on the official Atlassian Docker page, I stopped, removed and recreated the container. After that I got the message asking me to update my licence. After purchasing and applying the license Confluence is not starting anymore.

I got the following message in the log file (atlassian-confluence.log)

2017-10-26 22:20:33,118 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 38381 ms
2017-10-26 22:20:34,819 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] earlyStartup Plugin system earlyStartup begun
2017-10-26 22:20:36,070 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] logDuplicateWarning Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'javax.transaction.xa' with different versions. Files: jta-1.0.1B.jar and jboss-transaction-api_1.2_spec-1.0.1.Final.jar
'/opt/atlassian/confluence/webapps/../confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jta-1.0.1B.jar'
'/opt/atlassian/confluence/webapps/../confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jboss-transaction-api_1.2_spec-1.0.1.Final.jar'
2017-10-26 22:20:36,079 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] logDuplicateWarning Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'javax.transaction' with different versions. Files: jta-1.0.1B.jar and jboss-transaction-api_1.2_spec-1.0.1.Final.jar
'/opt/atlassian/confluence/webapps/../confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jta-1.0.1B.jar'
'/opt/atlassian/confluence/webapps/../confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jboss-transaction-api_1.2_spec-1.0.1.Final.jar'

Please tell me if you need more information for debugging.

Best regards,

Ivan

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for that information.

See a lot of INFO and WARN from your logs but do you also see any ERROR entries? This might contain more information about the issue. In addition any "caused by:" lines can also help us.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events