I recently received access to the Confluence web app to review and comment on a few documents and for some reason I cannot see the comments that others have left (no yellow highlighted words/sentences in the document). Additionally, it seems the version of the document I see is an older version of the document, even though it is supposed to be showing me the current version with comments.
I can click the latest version from the bottom of the page and then I can see the current correct version of the document, but I still do not see or have access to the comments. The comments icon at the top shows the correct number of comments that have been left by others, but when I click it in an attempt to show the comments, the page just reloads with the older version and still no highlighted comments showing. Also, if I press the "Show Inline Comments" button, it tells me to "be the first to add an inline comment" like there are no comments there, even though the comments button to the left of it shows the number 76 on it for the number of comments that already exist.
I have tried different browsers (Chrome and Edge) with the same results, both connected and not connected to our business VPN.
Appreciate if anyone can help me figure out why I am the only one in my organization having this issue.
Hello @Craig Michael Benke!
As I understand, your user in Confluence is having problems when you try to check both in-line and normal comments in Confluence pages. Is that correct?
With this in mind, I still have a few questions. Here we go:
- When you say web app, do you mean Confluence mobile web experience (browser on tablets, phones) or access through a desktop browser or the Confluence Mobile app (application for iOS or Android)?
- Is this behavior (nonexistence of comments) apparent in all pages that contain inline comments or only specific ones?
- Are you able to see page comments (the ones that are at the bottom of the page)?
Here is our documentation about comments:
Let us hear from you!
In response to your questions:
1. I am using a desktop browser (same results on both Edge and Chrome).
2. This is a consistent issue across all pages with inline comments.
3. In-line comments are the only ones that have been put in, so cannot accurately answer that question.
I did figure out that if I go to the three dots menu in the upper right and select the "Inline Comments Overview", then I can see all the comments in the box that pops up then, just not inline on the document itself as I should be able to.
Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond. A long time favorite, Team Cale...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events