Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot replace Confluence Admin password directly through MySQL database

L January 21, 2013

Hi, I cannot login to my JIRA thus i need to recover the admin password.

I followed https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF42/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

This password for 'admin' does not work, it stills stating that the password was wrong.

x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A==

I am using MySQL with Confluence 5.0-m9 beta

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Hi there,

I suspect the most likely cause of this problem is actually your browser caches and not the password update, so please try clearing your browser caches and seeing whether you can then login using the "admin" password as usually this will resolve your issue. However, if the problem persists after you have cleared your browser caches please open a ticket with Support and we will investiaget this issue further for you.

All the best,
John

L January 21, 2013

Hi I just tried clearing cache but it's still not working. Is it possible that because I have a JIRA link? I was able to login to confluence before I add the JIRA user link. It's not working for my confluence admin account after added the jira user authentication. how can I disable it through MySQL DB?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2013

What does "jira link" mean? If you've configured confluence to use Jira as the list of users, then amending the confluence database is pointless because it's reading Jira.

You need to log in using a Jira account now, and if you've lost access to them, stop Jira, amend the Jira user database with the password hash, restart Jira and then log in with the Jira account and "sphere"

L January 21, 2013

that's what gone wrong it kept telling me the user(admin) is wrong but i can loginto jira with the same admin account

L January 21, 2013

I have the same accounts when I setup confluence. it was the user named admin and in JIRA I too setup with an initial user called admin. It was all working fine with confluence using JIRA user directory until I change my domain name. I change the base URL in jira, then i change the linked in Confluence to reflect the same URL however it stop working after that and I could not login to confluence anymore thus I have no access to the admin panel to do any changes!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2013

So, if you can log into Jira with admin/password and you can NOT log into confluence with admin/password, then you have NOT connected confluence and told it to use Jira users. OR, the admin account in confluence does not belong to the admin (or even login) groups on confluence.

Could you go back over exactly your accounts in Confluence and work out

1. Who you are logging in as, and what rights you expect them to have

2. Where confluence is keeping it's users - internally, in Jira or somewhere else.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2013

Ok, that's useful to know, but we really need to be 100% clear on where your user accounts are being kept.

Is confluence STILL using the Jira user directory? How is this configured? In the UI via urls, or have you pointed Confluence to Jira via a database connection?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events