Cannot remove page restrictions - is this a bug or have I missed the documentation somewhere?

Susan Hazlett September 17, 2012

Hi -

Looking at the documetation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Viewing+Restricted+Pages

And reading the note that shows on the page when I'm viewing the page restrictions, it *seems* like I should be able to remove the page restrictions on any page. I was able to for a few pages where there were group restrictions vs. individual restrictions.

However one page has only individual restrictions and I (space admin) cannot remove the restrictions. Is this a bug, or have I overlooked instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

I think it's just expected behaviour. From memory, you can't remove restrictions if you don't have edit permission if you go through the page.

You can instead go to Space Admin screen > Security Tab> restricted pages screen and remove the restriction by clicking on the padlock on the right hand side against the page

Susan Hazlett September 30, 2012

Thanks, Matthew - but as I understand it - that is expected behavior if you are *not* a space admin. If you are a Space Admin, you should be able to remove the restrictions. At least that's how the documentation reads. I am a space admin, and cannot remove the restrictions. Hence, thinking this is a bug.

Susan Hazlett November 9, 2012

With the latest update, this functionality is now working as expected.

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

This feature is still broken if one attempts to remove oneself by clicking on the padlock icon.

There is another UI to remove space restrictions, and that one does work - it's the workaround posted by Matthew Cobby. (Space Tools -> Restricted pages)  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events