Cannot remove page restrictions - is this a bug or have I missed the documentation somewhere?

Hi -

Looking at the documetation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Viewing+Restricted+Pages

And reading the note that shows on the page when I'm viewing the page restrictions, it *seems* like I should be able to remove the page restrictions on any page. I was able to for a few pages where there were group restrictions vs. individual restrictions.

However one page has only individual restrictions and I (space admin) cannot remove the restrictions. Is this a bug, or have I overlooked instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I think it's just expected behaviour. From memory, you can't remove restrictions if you don't have edit permission if you go through the page.

You can instead go to Space Admin screen > Security Tab> restricted pages screen and remove the restriction by clicking on the padlock on the right hand side against the page

Thanks, Matthew - but as I understand it - that is expected behavior if you are *not* a space admin. If you are a Space Admin, you should be able to remove the restrictions. At least that's how the documentation reads. I am a space admin, and cannot remove the restrictions. Hence, thinking this is a bug.

With the latest update, this functionality is now working as expected.

This widget could not be displayed.

This feature is still broken if one attempts to remove oneself by clicking on the padlock icon.

There is another UI to remove space restrictions, and that one does work - it's the workaround posted by Matthew Cobby. (Space Tools -> Restricted pages)  

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

75 views 9 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you