It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot publish page on Confluence on Cloud

Deleted user Mar 17, 2019

I can't publish some pages on Confluence for several days already. It just happened with some particular pages, not all. I tried create a new one and copy all the contents but still failed.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.15.42 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @[deleted] , 

Can you review the macros used on the page you are trying to publish ? Is the error specify due to page customisation or macros ? Also, the error message you shared does not provide much information rather than the issue with Synchrony.

Can you share the complete error message you are seeing while publishing the page ?

Thanks,

Kiran.

Deleted user Mar 18, 2019

Thanks @Kiran_Panduga__Appfire_ 

It's said to be server communication error.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.53.40 AM.png

Deleted user Mar 18, 2019

I'm also checking all macros used on the page as you suggested. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi @[deleted] , 

Looks like some macros on the page might be referring to other applications, due to which you are noticing the communication error.

Please verify all the macro content and if possible spilt the content into multiple pages to identify the root cause.

Thanks,

Kiran.

I had the same thing happen on the cloud hosted confluence.

Turned out I had a vertical tab character in a code block.  It was probably copied out of a terminal window.   the code block rendered it as an empty block like a cursor.  

Deleted the chars and it published.

$ grep -o "\- 135.*" /c/dev/junk.txt
$ grep -o "\- 135.*" /c/dev/junk.txt | od -t a
0000000 - sp 1 3 5 vt vt cr nl

I have this same issue right now and my page is 100% blank. "Unable to communicate with the server. Saving is not possible at the moment"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

314 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you