cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot move an image in Editor

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2012

Hi, I dropped an image in my editor in confluence, but I failed to move it. The cursor does t change to crossed-arrows on mouseover (it is green plus instead), and the image is not react on drag-drop action.

Do you have any ideas why?

Confluence 4.2.13, Mac OS X 10.7, Chrome 21.0.1180.89.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2012

After tried to reproduce the Feature in Confluence 4.2.12 and older versions, I've confirmed that the Feature wasn't possible. So, I've reproduce it on Confluence 4.3 and confirmed that it is only possible on this version.

This Feature is only for Confluence 4.3.

3 votes
Michael S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2012

Hi Gregory,

Are you trying to drag and drop an image that's already in the editor? If so, that's actually a feature in Confluence 4.3, see: Confluence 4.3 Release Notes: Draggable images and macros

If you're trying to add an image from another source (Windows Explorer, Finder, etc) then double check that you're using an HTML5 supported browser.

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2012

Hi Michael,

I use Chrome and I can drop an image into editor (it measn HTML5 already). But I cannot move it inside the editor window to another place. Is it the feature of Confluence 4.3 only? I use 4.2.13, may be it is the reason.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events