Cannot move an image in Editor

Hi, I dropped an image in my editor in confluence, but I failed to move it. The cursor does t change to crossed-arrows on mouseover (it is green plus instead), and the image is not react on drag-drop action.

Do you have any ideas why?

Confluence 4.2.13, Mac OS X 10.7, Chrome 21.0.1180.89.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

After tried to reproduce the Feature in Confluence 4.2.12 and older versions, I've confirmed that the Feature wasn't possible. So, I've reproduce it on Confluence 4.3 and confirmed that it is only possible on this version.

This Feature is only for Confluence 4.3.

3 votes

Hi Gregory,

Are you trying to drag and drop an image that's already in the editor? If so, that's actually a feature in Confluence 4.3, see: Confluence 4.3 Release Notes: Draggable images and macros

If you're trying to add an image from another source (Windows Explorer, Finder, etc) then double check that you're using an HTML5 supported browser.

Hi Michael,

I use Chrome and I can drop an image into editor (it measn HTML5 already). But I cannot move it inside the editor window to another place. Is it the feature of Confluence 4.3 only? I use 4.2.13, may be it is the reason.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

62 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you