Cannot edit a table

Jennifer J. August 16, 2019

I am trying to edit a table I inserted into a page. I read the page with the instructions:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf59/tables-792498782.html

However, none of those tools appear when I click inside my table as directed.  

My page is: 

https://cyberneticentertainment.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DT/pages/87392318/Using+the+Play+Controls

Could you please help? The first link above says that when I click inside the table, the table tools will appear. They do not.

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hi Jennifer,

as your site is not public, could you provide a screenshot of your page in edit mode?

Kind regards,

Nicolai

It will not let me attach a picture. Where should the tools be?

I see Table Options, but that is only "Header row, header column, and numbered column" 

None of the tools described on your page I linked above appear.

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

The table tools should appear below the editor toolbar:
grafik.png

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

PS: Click the photo symbol and paste your picture in the popup-window to attach it to your comment:

grafik.pnggrafik.png

No, nothing like that appears. I clicked the table icon on the editor toolbar, and it put a three row, three column table into the document. No table tools appeared. 

screenshot.PNG

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

I'm not familiar with the look of the table, are you using Cloud or Server?

I have no idea. How can I tell? 

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

On any Server page, you'll see the current version number in the footer - for example, mine is 6.13.4.

I think you're using cloud and picked the wrong documentation link. Maybe this helps:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html#ConfluenceEditingImprovements-Tables

I still cannot edit my table.  In the example you sent above, there is a dropdown menu, two dots at the top right corner of the table. Look at my screen shot. I have just one dot that allows me to insert a column. 

Does this mean I cannot hardly edit this table at all? How do I switch to a table that I can edit? As a technical writer, I have to say that your documentation is very hard to navigate and much of it is out of date. Is there a phone number I can call?

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

Jennifer, we are using different versions of Confluence. Please check out if you're on Cloud and get into the very documentation, which is not mine as I'm just another user trying to help you.

I don't think Atlassian provides phone support but you can open a support ticket. See https://support.atlassian.com/

Okay. Thanks for trying to help me Nicolai. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events