Cannot create new page in confluence after migration to SQL.

conf-newbie September 9, 2019

Hi Everyone, 

apologies if this has been asked around - i've tried a few of the suggestions without success. 

We've just recently migrated from the built in DB to mySQL and i've restored our backup and all seemed well until i tried to create a new page, It just sits there spinning and doesn't do anything. I'm by no means a confluence expert so any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Edit (1): i can't seem to edit the pages either - it just sits there spinning...

thankyou! 

1 answer

0 votes
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

Hi @conf-newbie , 

Can you look for the error message in the atlassian-confluence.log file while trying to create new page? that's the only way to get a clear picture of the root cause and then find the solution.

Thanks,

Kiran.

conf-newbie September 11, 2019

Hi @Kiran Panduga {Appfire}  thankyou for your reply, i ended up running another update of the confluence installer and it started to come back to normal.

However i have had a look at the log and it's complaining about whitelisting of websites. We are behind proxy environment to get the internet and i suspect that's causing some issues. 

Is there anywhere within the confluence server settings i can enter proxy address and port or is having the $HTTP_PROXY variables declared within our debian server enough?

Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi @conf-newbie , 

Yes, you  can refer to the below Atlassian KB article to configure the Web Proxy in Confluence. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-web-proxy-support-for-confluence-117068.html

Thanks,

Kiran.

conf-newbie September 11, 2019

thankyou, i'll give that a go and see how it goes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events