Cannot create issue from Confluence

Rina June 29, 2018

When I highlight some text in viewing form in Confluence, I can see Jira's icon. I click it and then I can see dialog window with error message:

"

"

And there is nothing I can do from Confluence page in order to create a task in Jira. This field "Linked Issues" is not required, I've made it optional in Fields configuration.

So I have no idea how to fix that now, could anyone help me to handle this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2018

Hi @Rina

Welcome to the community!

Creating issue from Confluence will allow only system field will be populated on confluence dialogue. If other than the system fields are required then issue creation will fail with a warning.

supported fields are as follows.

• Component
  • Fix Versions
  • Affect Versions
  • Priority
  • Due date
  • Environment
  • Assignee
  • Reporter
  • Labels

Below is the issue has been raised to Atlassian support for the same, please vote and watch to the issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-41726

As this is cloud instance please raise a ticket to Atlassian.

Rina June 29, 2018

But we don't have required custom fields, only system fields are required.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2018

Please check the field configuration for the respective project in which you are trying to create a ticket from the confluence.

Rina June 29, 2018

okay, i use for two projects the same field configuration, but for one of them I can't create issue from Confluence and for second one it's possible. What can that be then? what to check?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2018

Please check and compare the screen scheme for both the projects? and check the create Issue permission as well.

Rina June 29, 2018

the same

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2018

Check if the Linked issues field has been added on Create issue screen for the project, in which it is not allowing to create and the issue type.

Rina June 29, 2018

it has been

Konstantin Iakovlev April 27, 2020

I have the same issue. Even I did optional Linked Issue at screen, Confluence still continues to show error "The required field Linked Issues is not available in this dialog. You will need to create your issue directly in Jira.".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events