Cannot connect to Confluence

Nick Banbury April 9, 2013

Hello,

I installed Confluence a few months ago, and all was working fine. I have been off for 2 weeks, and when I came back I was unable to connect to http://localhost:8090 which is where my install sits.

Confluence is running on our Windows 2008 server.

I installed the most reccomended version of MySQL and Apache (apache/tomcat 6).

The only changes I made to confluence were internal content that have no impact on the actual configuration of confluence.

I am not sure where to start as there is virtually nothing on this issue on your support pages, and I am not a technical person.

I read that I should check that the Confluence service is running. I did this and I seem to have have 2 services, one called "Apache Tomcat Confluence" which was started, and one called "Atlassian Confluence" which wasn't started. I started the second one and tried to reconnect but no luck.

This second service also seems to stop itself soon after starting so I'm not sure it's the right one anyway.

Is there anyone who has had this issue who can help?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hi Nick,

Having 2 services means that Confluence has been installed multiple times, and one of the services that was created has been renamed in an upgrade. You'll need to determine which service is connected to your most current version of Confluence.

Review this documentation for how to create and remove the service for Confluence in windows. By identifying your current install of Confluence, you can remove/reinstall the service so you only have 1. Then run that. If the service doesn't start, it's going to take a big more information (most likely from the application logs) for us to help you figure out what is keeping the application from starting.

The logs can be found by searching for atlassian-confluence.log. Scan the end of the logs and see if there is a relevant error message you can provide so I have more information.

Nick Banbury April 9, 2013

Hi! Thanks for this. I actually did exactly as you descrived about an hour ago and you are correct, there were some old services causing confusion. These are now disabled and things seem to be working :)

Thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events