Can you customize HTML Exports?

Kris Fininen January 9, 2019

Our customer requires output to HTML pages. Our custom space CSS does not export when using either the Confluence HTML Export function or with the Scroll HTML Exporter. We've looked into creating a theme with Scroll, but it's extremely complicated and our writers are not developers.

Does anyone know how we can export our custom CSS to our HTML exports short of editing the resulting HTML docs?

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

0 votes
Mathieu Pichon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2020

We managed to perform some slight customisation by editing the combined.css

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2019

Hello Kris,

Exporting an entire space within Confluence will not include any customization you may have applied (as you have stated). There are methods to customize the HTML export within Confluence.

To customize the HTML output, you'll need to modify the file confluence-x.y.z-jar/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/Page.htmlexport.vm. To learn how to repackage this file, see How to Edit Files in Confluence JAR Files

Source document: Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML.

I hope this helps to provide some guidance into customizing your HTML export.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Alex Fox July 28, 2021

Hi Stephen, do you know if this file is still in this location on Confluence 7+, I can't seem to find it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events