Can you audit how often an admin (using default functionality) has logged in as another user?

Ted McClellan December 8, 2015

4 answers

3 votes
lmiranda_atlassian December 8, 2015

Unfortunately, there is currently no audit log exposed in Cloud admin and no easy way to find this info. It is available in the application logs for a limited time period but these logs are not accessible to admins. Do note, however, that when an admin logs in as a user that user will receive an email to let them know (all of this is documented in Log in as another user).

If you need access to this info on an ad hoc basis please contact Atlassian Support, who will be able to assist.

3 votes
Jeremy Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2015

Hi @Ted McClellan

There is currently no auditing available through the User Management UI. When an admin logs in as a user, an email is sent to that user as long as they have previously logged in (otherwise we assume it is part of setting up an account), and that can be used to provide visibility into the feature.

If that isn't sufficient for your needs, you can raise a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/ID

Hope this information helps!

Jeremy

0 votes
barnesy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2015

This is currently under consideration as part of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-6960.

I will update on the status when the result is known.

barnesy
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2016

The functionality that provides user switching is part of our identity platform and not directly in Confluence. As such, audit logging is not automatically implemented for user switching. I have raised the following request for this functionality. ID-6171 - Audit log of 'Login as another user' in Confluence

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2015

What add-on are you using to enable the user switching?

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
December 8, 2015

I don't believe that they are talking about a plugin, I believe that they are talking about this feature: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/log-in-as-another-user-776994835.html And it's a good question. I'm not even sure.

barnesy
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2016

User switching can be done in Cloud as well as customers using Crowd as their identity platform.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2016

Another reason not to use Cloud.  User impersonation is a dreadful idea that really should be taken out and shot (unless every single action is logged and reported to the impersonated user)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events