Can you add just selected users to Confluence, on a free plan?

Kamilla December 8, 2020

Hey

We would like to try Confluence, wether it fits our needs or not. We have started our 30 days free trial for limited number of users (10).

We wanted to add just the relevant users to this 30 days trial, we already have around 20 users in Atlassian Jira. 

I was about to add 4-5 users to the Confluence but it says, we have reached the limit already. I don't understand how could we have reached the limit, while we haven't added any users yet.

What is problem, why can't I add and remove users on Confluence on a free plan?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Hi @Kamilla,

Maybe some users got added automatically because the setting Add new users to Confluence is set to On by default.

Navigate to People > Search for People and Teams and click Manage Users at the top of the page there.

You should end up in Atlassian Admin like that. Filter the list of users to show all Confluence users and check if there's any you don't want to give access.

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 13.44.01.png

Also, from the left hand side navigation check Product access. It has a slider that allows you to add new users automatically AND you can see a couple of groups which have access to Confluence as well.

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 13.45.06.png

Group membership here may affect your user count as well. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events