Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we include @Mentions for group alias in Confluence page

Srinivas Patruni March 13, 2014

Confluence 5.4.2 is integrated with Ldap.. Is it possible to include a group alias on my confluence page?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 13, 2014

You can't do @mentions on groups at the moment. Just think what mischief you could get up to with @confluence-usersif this were possible - that would send some serious email on a big system.

There is a JIRA for this you can watch -- CONF-23015 -- It's got a pile of votes. Large enterprises would likely not want this feature to be enabled by default.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Reminds me when someone subscribed a filter to jira-users group every hour in a company with a million users. Well, not exactly a million but you get the idea ;)

1 vote
Answer accepted
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Hi Srinivas,

Unfortunately it's not possible to @mentiones group at meanwhile. We have an open improvement requests (CONF-23015) for this featurs.

I would recommend you to watch the ticket for any updates. I would also recommend you to vote for the ticket to increase the popularity.

You meight also read "Atlassian New Features Policy" to know how Atlassian chose what to implement.

Cheers,

Saleh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events