Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Confluence inherit the notification scheme from JIRA when a project is integrated with a space?

Bruno Tiago May 5, 2016

Basically I need to make a user to receive a notifications via email when he is mentioned in a comment.

Is it possible to enable that?

1 answer

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

Hey Bruno!

The short answer is that JIRA and Confluence use very different notification scheming, and as such, they will not inherit these settings from each other.

That said, if you use an '@mention' in Confluence, the mentioned user will, by default, receive an email notification.  Are you seeing different behavior?

Confluence - Mentions

Hope that helps!

Bruno Tiago May 6, 2016

Yes, I am! I've read that we need to have a plugin called "Confluence Mentions Plugin". It seems that it is default when installing Confluence but I checked on "manage add-ons" and I've not found this plugin installed.
Besides, I searched it on Find new Addo-ns and I do not found it there too.
Do you have any tip?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

That's odd!  It should definitely be installed by default.  I assume when you're searching for the plugin, you're filtering them by 'System' plugins, right?

Also, as for behavior, when you're adding a comment and you attempt an @mention, does a context window pop up that attempts to autocomplete the username?

What version of Confluence are you on, also?

Bruno Tiago May 9, 2016

I've found it! Really, it's installed (Confluence Mentions Plugin).
Yes, when I'm adding a comment a context window pop up to autocomplete the username.
My Confluence version is 5.9.7

well, I don't know what could be happening :(

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2016

That's so odd....I guess the next place I'd look is the mail queue, (General Configuration -> Administration -> Mail Queue), and see if anything is stuck in there.  Then maybe check your mail server itself to see if the notifications are even hitting it.  Maybe there's a chance they're being marked as spam and being filtered?  Bit of a long shot, but it's a possibility.  

And during all this I'd also tail the catalina/confluence log to see if there are any odd errors being generated when adding a comment with a mention.  

I know there were a couple bugs a long while back that were keeping mention notifications from being sent, but they were fixed long before the version you're on.  :/

Bruno Tiago May 9, 2016

There is nothing in mail queue also. Maybe I've found something, there are four problems detected in Instance Health. Could be it?

Please take a look in this picture.
image2016-5-9 13:49:50.png 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events