Can't use Board View in Database

amanda_parshall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

I have a database with a tag field, however when I select the Board view I get the error: "Add a tag field to select a grouping" and the Group by field is grayed out.

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2024

Hi @amanda_parshall 

Welcome to community!

Are you referring to a table? or a page or space in Confluence? Overall Confluence is a database and generally, especially in cloud that is not accessible to users. 

If you are able to take some screenshots it may help users provide a better answer

Best,

Clark

amanda_parshall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2024

I'm referring to a Database. I ended up adding an additional Tag field, and I can now pull up the Board View using the Resolved tag field as the Grouping, but the "Tags" field is not an option.Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.41.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.41.26 AM.png

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2024

Hi @amanda_parshall 

Ah looking more into that, it's actually a new feature I was unaware of. From what I can see in the documentation it should be available, however if it isn't showing (as it's a beta) you may have found a broken feature and I would recommend partnering with your admin to submit a ticket to Atlassian for this!

Unfortunately with Betas finding bugs is to be expected more so than full products.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-and-edit-databases/

Best,
Clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events