Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't see the other macros option while editing ANY page

1. In the Confluence editor, choose Insert > Other Macros
  2. Find and select the required macro

This option above is not showing and I am the site admin. It only shows in one article

1 answer

0 votes

Ramiro,

Welcome to Community! It's nice to meet you.

Is it possible that you are using the new editor? 

There's a different process for inserting macros in the new editor. You can type / and your macro menu will pop up:

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 11.55.14.png

Have a look at Confluence Editing Improvements for more details.

Can you let me know if that helps? If not, please send a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing so I can try to replicate it and see what the problem is.

Regards,

Shannon

But there is no 'Other Macros' section under '/' menu as well

Voya,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Other macros was on the old editor. Now you can either use the macro menu like I showed Ramiro, or select . . . View more from the  + > menu at the top:

CleanShot 2020-03-05 at 14.54.50.png

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions!

Shannon

Like Hemingway He likes this

@Shannon Spaniol  et al,

Thank you for your explanation and side by side comparison of the old and new editors.  It is very helpful; however, I wanted to draw attention to a discrepancy that may confuse some folks when switching to the new editor: "disappearing macros."

At least for the expand macro, you can only find it by typing "/expand" or if you happen to find it in your short list when clicking "+"; however, if you try to search for it when looking at "all" macros from the "... view more" button, IT ISN'T THERE.

My assumption is that this may effect other macros that seem to have "disappeared" in the new editor, but I haven't done an exhaustive search. 

Disappearing Macros.jpg

Is there a unit test run during full regression testing before publishing new builds of confluence that is meant to ensure continuity for this kind of user interaction?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. We la...

191 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you