cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see the other macros option while editing ANY page

Ramiro Ruiz May 21, 2019
  1. In the Confluence editor, choose Insert > Other Macros
  2. Find and select the required macro

This option above is not showing and I am the site admin. It only shows in one article

4 answers

1 vote
Anonymous August 24, 2021

I have the exact same issue as you. There is no 'other macro' option inside the + or the / command.

Did you find any solution ?

Thank you

Alvin Smith May 17, 2023

Hi there, I hope my answer could help you.

0 votes
Alvin Smith May 17, 2023

Yes, there is no direct button for macro anymore. But here is what you can do to bypass it.

'Insert' -> 'View more' -> Browse for 'Create from Template' for example

Then click 'Select macro' at the bottom left, here you go with the old macro menu opening.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 10.08.23 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-18 at 10.20.11 AM.png

0 votes
Sean Henry September 2, 2021

Likewise, I am having the same problem. 

I am trying to create an anchor point and have been referred to 'other macro', which I also cannot find under the + dropdown list or in the list of available options under /.

Is there another way to create an anchor?

Thanks

Alvin Smith May 17, 2023

Hi Sean, I hope my answer could help you.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

Ramiro,

Welcome to Community! It's nice to meet you.

Is it possible that you are using the new editor? 

There's a different process for inserting macros in the new editor. You can type / and your macro menu will pop up:

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 11.55.14.png

Have a look at Confluence Editing Improvements for more details.

Can you let me know if that helps? If not, please send a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing so I can try to replicate it and see what the problem is.

Regards,

Shannon

Vova Yatsyk March 5, 2020

But there is no 'Other Macros' section under '/' menu as well

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Voya,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Other macros was on the old editor. Now you can either use the macro menu like I showed Ramiro, or select . . . View more from the  + > menu at the top:

CleanShot 2020-03-05 at 14.54.50.png

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions!

Shannon

Like # people like this
Nate Hague April 29, 2021

@Shannon S  et al,

Thank you for your explanation and side by side comparison of the old and new editors.  It is very helpful; however, I wanted to draw attention to a discrepancy that may confuse some folks when switching to the new editor: "disappearing macros."

At least for the expand macro, you can only find it by typing "/expand" or if you happen to find it in your short list when clicking "+"; however, if you try to search for it when looking at "all" macros from the "... view more" button, IT ISN'T THERE.

My assumption is that this may effect other macros that seem to have "disappeared" in the new editor, but I haven't done an exhaustive search. 

Disappearing Macros.jpg

Is there a unit test run during full regression testing before publishing new builds of confluence that is meant to ensure continuity for this kind of user interaction?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events