Can't move a page because the linked / excerpted pages already exist in new space?

richard_wilkinson August 13, 2019

I have found what I think is a bug in Confluence Cloud but thought I would check I wasn't missing something before raising a support case. Has anybody else seen this? If so, do you have any idea why it happens?

I was trying to move a page ('Environment variable reference') from one space ('Delivery') to another ('Draft xxxx'). I have the correct permissions to do so - Add and Delete in both spaces. I used the Move option on the '...' menu.

The move failed with the error shown in the screen shot. I've obscured some of the page and space names, but I hope it's clear.

Error names obscured.png

It's objecting because there are duplicate page names in the new space - but the duplicates are not the page I'm trying to move. They are pages that are linked from within the page I'm trying to move. It's true that those pages exist in the new space, but I'm not trying to recreate them; the page I am moving simply contains links to those pages.

A couple of the supposed duplicates had excerpts that were included on the page I was moving (through the excerpt / excerpt include macros). I thought this may be causing it, but I tried removing the excerpts with no change.

I eventually got round it just by creating a blank page in the new space and cutting and pasting the content and title. This worked fine, and the links and excerpts were preserved. I could not find a way to move the page using Move.

Has anybody else seen this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events