Can't link Confluence page in JIRA Issue

Vanessa Jährig August 21, 2017

When trying to link a Confluence page to a JIRA Issue, it doesn't work. You can't search for a page with the 'Find a Confluence page' dialogue and when you insert a link to a Confluence page it says "No Confluence page found with the given URL.". However, I can mention JIRA Issues in Confluence without problems. It seems like the application link only works in one way.

Maybe relevant from the Logfile:

2017-08-21 14:27:34,883 http-nio-8080-exec-10 WARN JaehrigV 867x377x1 1nvnlcg 188.1.12.24,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/applinks/3.0/status/9db7e642-230d-307c-a6ac-6f507a60e702 [c.a.a.i.migration.remote.TryWithCredentials] You do not have an authorized access token for the remote resource.
2017-08-21 14:28:36,767 http-nio-8080-exec-10 ERROR JaehrigV 868x402x1 1nvnlcg 188.1.12.24,127.0.0.1 /rest/viewIssue/1/remoteIssueLink/render/13104 [c.a.j.p.v.issuelink.rest.RemoteIssueLinkResource] Error occurred while generating final HTML for remote issue link: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Failed to load Confluence Page from remote server Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to load Confluence Page from remote server Caused by: com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Status Code: 404, Status Text: Not Found, Errors: {}, Error Messages: [The requested Confluence content could not be found.]

2017-08-21 14_05_06-Find a Confluence page - NOWEDA JIRA Test.png2017-08-21 14_25_02-Link - NOWEDA JIRA Test.png

But the page exists:2017-08-21 14_25_21-Application Link - Michael Dobala - Confluence - IT.png

When inspecting with Chrome Developer Tools:

2017-08-21 14_32_27-Find a Confluence page - NOWEDA JIRA Test.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vanessa Jährig August 29, 2017

For someone who might be experiencing the same issue:

It was solved by adding the port to the application URL.

John Broadbent March 7, 2019

Hi Vanessa

I'm having this same issue at the moment.  My use case is that I want to be able to link to a Page directly from an Issue on a Kanban Board.  Is this possible?

Thanks

John

0 votes
Ye Fung Tchen March 2, 2022

Wanted to update you guys. At the moment we are not working with an active directory so the usernames did differ sometimes. The usernames on Jira AND Confluence needs to be identical to properly work!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

The answer is in the log - you don't have the right credentials for the page you're trying to link to.

Check the application link is valid and working, and that your account is the same in JIRA and Confluence.

Thanks for your suggestion.

The application link is valid and working. It says 'Connected' on both sides and both applications run on the same server.

My account is also the same and I am administrator in both applications.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Hmm.  The error message says it's not able to read the page in Confluence from JIRA because there's a credentials problem.  If it's not that you don't have access, we're a bit stuck.

Could you try making the space temporarily accessible to "anonymous users" and try again?  If it succeeds, we know it's your credentials and/or the user mapping.  If it fails, we should be looking at the link.

Very good idea! It worked with anonymous access!

But how do we solve it now? Confluence and JIRA both sync with our Active Directory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

Ok, that's good, it means it's all working except that Confluence is not getting who you are from JIRA correctly.

I would now need to

1.  Check your account has access to log into Confluence (As an admin you should have it automatically, irrespective of other settings), and also access to see the page (this is not granted by being an admin - you need to check the space permissions give you the right to see the page).

2. try re-building the application links between JIRA and Confluence to confirm that they are working.

Like G subramanyam likes this
Vanessa Jährig August 22, 2017

1. Yes, I can log into Confluence and see the page. The screenshots above were taken while I was logged into my account.

2. Done. Both say status "Connected" again, but the Confluence page still fails to load in the JIRA issue.

Ye Fung Tchen June 10, 2021

Kinda old, but did you found a solution on this matter? I'm facing the same problem atm.

Thank you.

Like Otto Adam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events