Can't install new app

Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2022

Hi,

I tried to install a new app: Composition Tabs (Cloud). 3 times, but nothing happened.

Everytime, I clicked on "try it free", got the message "We'll tell you when your app has been added." and the button is loading. Once it's done, the app is not installed.

Could you help me?

Thanks,

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Thomas and welcome to the community!

It can have multiple reasons why this is failing and it can simply be a temporary issue. But I'd like to bring this older thread to your attention Unable to install apps from ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE and quote @Andy Heinzer

For anyone else that might find this thread:

The problem in this case was that the Cloud site had no payment details listed for it, and there was an outstanding balance on the account. 

When this happens, all new Marketplace trial app installs will fail to install after this happens.   While you can correct this by adding payment details to your https://my.atlassian.com or https://admin.atlassian.com pages for this Cloud site, the fact that the UPM within Jira is not communicating to the end user that this is the problem is another problem.

In my view the UPM in Jira Cloud should be telling admins why this is happening.  To correct this, we have a ticket to track this behavior over in UPM-6100

I hope this helps.

Andy

Maybe that is already your solution. Can you please verify and update us on the issue here?

Best, Max

Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2022

EDIT : never mind, it's magically installed this morning! Thank you very much for your help

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t ,

Thank you for your quick response.

I don't think that's the same issue because :

1. I created my Confluence Cloud yesterday,
  2. I'm still in free trial (not standard),
  3. I installed the app "Comala Publishing" successfully one hour before the app "Composition Tabs"

I hope that you have other ideas to solve this problem.

Have a nice day!

Thomas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events