Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit draw.io diagram when embedding "Recent Diagrams"

ronnie.gane November 8, 2021

When I embed a draw.io diagram by uploading an XML file from my computer, the toolbar allows users to go straight from the confluence page to editing the diagram, by clicking this pencil button.

Screenshot from 2021-11-09 14-38-48.png

When I embed a draw.io diagram by selecting it from "Recent Diagrams" (stuff I have uploaded previously), this edit button is replaced with "Go to containing Page" - which takes me to a list that is completely empty.Screenshot from 2021-11-09 14-38-56.pngScreenshot from 2021-11-09 14-41-29.png

How do I get the embedded diagram to always show the Edit button? I want users to be able to edit these diagrams from the page.

2 answers

0 votes
양용모Drake March 10, 2022

I found the way to change embeded diagram.

1. click ...(more actions) button.
  2. click Attachments.
  3. click tab draw.io Diagrams.
  4. click diagram you want edit.
  5. click pencil button and you can go edit page.

I got a hint from this page : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/how-can-I-delete-a-draw-io-diagram-in-confluence-cloud/qaq-p/1003450

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2021

Hi Ronnie,

Embedded diagram can only be edited on a Confluence page where it was initially created.

In your case, when you upload xml saved locally to your Confluence page, you should see this file under three dots top right > Attachments

Since diagrams are stored as attachments only, you'll be able to edit it via Edit pen in Confluence page view (this is a Confluence source page for this diagram)

When you embed it into another Confluence page using Recent tab the only way to edit it would be to click Go to containing page, click page name above diagram tab and edit the diagram there.

Does it help?

P.S "drawio diagrams" tab missing diagrams seems like Atlassian issue because other diagram plugins have the same problem. but we'll check additionally 

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events