Can't create space or page

Harald Kvangarsnes October 8, 2019

The problem is similar to this linked below, however none of the workaround is working.

The Confluence Server is version 6.15.9 and MySQL 5.7

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/creating-new-page-or-space-loads-forever-744329880.html?_ga=2.65240750.1857041569.1570524945-1285495511.1553677563

I've tried dropping tables and cleaning the plugin cache.
What could I do here?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Did you checked if you have any blueprint plugins or plugin modules disabled? Overall I see that you use a version that should not have this problem (from this KB) so it might be something else. Did you maybe also tried to create space directly using a link? ( http://<baseurl>/<contextpath>/spaces/createspace-start.action )

The direct URL is working to create a space.

There are no errors in the log (checked using the log analyzer tool in confluence).

I've found no blueprint plugins that were disabled, but i will verify that tomorrow. I might not have searched all plugins.

No plugins are disabled on the system.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Did you checked also plugin modules? Since sometimes plugin is working but specific module inside it is not. Please verify if you have all of them enabled.

Later it would be great to do a browser test. Check on a 2 different browsers than you use and also check on Incognito mode.

If you would still have problem would be nice to generate a HAR file and analyze where things get stuck

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/generating-har-files-and-analyzing-web-requests-720420612.html

You can also grab the file and create a ticket in Atlassian Support. However first try to check if the above steps.

Harald Kvangarsnes October 9, 2019

All subparts of the plugins was enabled. I tested with other browsers.

I ended up trying to remove Confluence (as there was no production data there at the time). I reinstalled with a new database and latest version of confluence (7.0.2).

I still go the same error.

Upgraded windows with the latest patches, still the same error.

I ended up removing MySQL and Confluence all together and reinstalling them.
I created a new Database in MySQL with a different name and installed 7.0.2. This time it worked.

So it would seem there might be something funky with the MySQL server, since I did create a new DB on my first reinstallation attempt. It's working now, but I'm still not sure what the root cause was. I have a hunch on the MySQL Server (setting or something).

Thanks for you help Mirek. :)

Like Mirek likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events