Can't add images to a confluence page

xpt June 4, 2022

Not the same as https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-t-add-images-to-a-confluence-page/qaq-p/1844684, here is my problem:

I'm a long time confluence user and I can add images to confluence pages by just copy and paste. However, in the brand new confluence space I just created hours ago, I just cannot do it out of the box.

When I copy an image and paste to the page I'm editing, I see "preview is not available" but the image size is correct. After I save the page, there is no sign/trace of the image that I just added.

It can be a page restriction issue.

Guide for these permissions check - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-confluence-cloud-permissions-and-restrictions/.

I checked it and my global (as I am admin), but didn't find anything related. 

• I've been doing copy and paste images to confluence will all kinds of browsers, and never had any of them had any problems before with me.
  • The same chrome browsers that I'm using now works for all other confluence sites, like the one for my company. In fact, I did copy and paste into my company's confluence just before this one.
  • If pasting an image URL then I would see an image url first, then somewhat get changed later. Yet,
  • When I copy an image and paste to the page I'm editing, confluence realize it is an image, set the image to its correct size, but only showing an image icon with "preview is not available" for the preview. 
  • I had seen confluence being misconfigured before, and such image preview symptom is exactly as what I saw before.
  • Just to be 100% bullet proof of my point, I pasted the image to other places, like into my gmail message etc, they all show up correctly.

Is it because my Product plan is Free?

Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2022

@xpt Were are you copying the image from, your computer or the web? Have you tried pasting from both?   What browser are you using?  Have you tried other browsers?  Do you have any browser plugins?  

I have seen this when individuals have copied from the web and it is just pasting the image URL from the web and the web server is blocking you from displaying it. I have also seen this when there are browser plugins that are preventing the paste.

xpt June 4, 2022

Thanks - copying & pasting the image from both computer and the web does show the differences.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events