Can't add images to a confluence page

Jerome Martins October 25, 2021

Hello,
For over a week now, I'm no longer able to add images to a Confluence page.
If using "/image" the widget doesn't appear to suggest an upload, if drag and drop from a folder, the image is not uploaded either.

I tried log off and on from my account, but it didn't solve the problem.

How can I proceed to integrate image files again?

Thank you.

Best regards,

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2021

Hi @Jerome Martins ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

It seems from the description that you are using New Editor, could you please try with '/files' and see if that works?

Please refer this guide - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/display-files-and-images/ for reference.

Let me know if that helps.

Hi Paul, and thank you for your quick reply.

I tried with "/files" and apparently it's the same widget as "/image", the result is thus the same, meaning nothing appears on the page I'm editing.

In the editor I'm using the widget is called "Files & images".

Unfortunately, I didn't have better luck so far.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2021

Thanks @Jerome Martins  for your prompt response.

Just to test -

1. If you type '/files' you would see other options like profile picture or User Profile. Are these working as expected?
  2. One more thing, Could you please change the workspace, create a new workspace and try this under any new page to image upload and confirm if that works?
Like Jerome Martins likes this

Thank you for these suggestions.

1. the other options seem to be working even though in the dropdown menus I don't have any content. But at least a dialog box shows up when I pick these widgets.
  2. Tried uploading an image in a different Space and it worked. Would it be something to do with th permissions that I've been given for this Space?
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2021

Please check your global(if you are admin), space - space admin and page permissions and compare with the newly created one. It can be a page restriction issue.

Guide for these permissions check - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-confluence-cloud-permissions-and-restrictions/.

Please let me know if that helps.

Jerome Martins October 26, 2021

Dear Paul, thank you for your help, you were right in pointing out page restrictions. After reviewing this with the admin, the problem is now solved. Many thanks.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2021

No worries @Jerome Martins . Glad to hear that. Please visit this community and ask queries and share posts related Atlassian Products. 

Stay safe and healthy.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Jerome Martins On cloud, this functionality is currently working fine. Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and retry the operation ? or can you try the same operations on any other alternate browser to rule out the fact that its not a browser specific issue ? 

Hi Kishan, and thank you for the quick reply.

Following your advice I did the following tests:

• Clear current browser cache and retry - no success
  • Same computer different browser - no success
  • Same browser different computer - no success

Unfortunately, I didn't have better luck so far.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Thank you @Jerome Martins for testing the options. So its not a browser issue. Please check if you have Attachments Add permission on the space where you are having issues.

Jerome Martins October 26, 2021

Dear Kishan, thank you for your help, you were right in pointing out Space permissions. After reviewing this with the admin, the problem is now solved. Many thanks.

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

Good to know that helped @Jerome Martins 😊

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events