Can not login to confluence

I installed trial version of confluence5.1.2 few days back. That fine day I could login well. Now I have uninstalled then re installed the login doesn't seems to be working. Also, thr forgot password gives a message "Sorry, you can't retrieve your password as no email service has been configured for Confluence. Please contact your administrators for assistance." wherein the clicking the administrators I get a mesage "Please enter information about your request for the site administrators. If you are reporting an error please be sure you include information on what you were doing and the time the problem occurred.

No mail server has been configured so it is not possible to contact the site administrators via this method."

Pls if Anyone could advise.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Yes, after deleting from the registry and then a fresh install helped me login with a new credentials.

Thanks

The issue stands resolved. Not sure how to close it

Mark one of the answers correct

I need to wipe out all the installation details from windows registries

Pls let me know where do I mark the answer correct

Next to the answer, there's up/down votes and "mark answer correct". This only appears if you are the original poster though, so you can't do it on this question - you're not Ajeet.

Hey Nic, Sorry to post through my colleague id. It was myself Ajeet who posted.

Anyways, its seems I got the tick mark sign and clicked it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you