Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access confluence space

Ben Katz January 6, 2015

I am a member of the following groups: administrators, balsamiq-mockups-editors, developers, site-admins, users.

The administrator and site-admins have "confluence administrator" permissions.

One of our users setup a new wiki space: "Documentation." I can not view the space & when I click to manage permissions, I get taken to .../wiki/spaces/spacepermissions.action?key=DOC" with the following error message:

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

To be a "super-user" who can view all pages you need to be a member of the confluence-administrators group.  (Note: it isn't you, this is confusing – this group has basically nothing to do with "confluence administrator" permissions, even though the name is the same – unlike all other groups, confluence-administrators has a special purpose defined in software.)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Site+Administrators+and+their+Permissions

Ben Katz January 6, 2015

The "confluence-administrators" group does not exist in my list of groups. If I try to add it to my user, I get "No groups found" When I attempted to create it as a new group, I get the error "A group already exists with that name or an invalid name was supplied"

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

I didn't notice you are using Confluence Cloud. It appears you don't get access to super user permissions in that case. Your user needs to give access to you or a group you belong to. Whoever sets up spaces should probably change permissions to give administrators space admin access if you want admins to have that power.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events