Can i limit the number of shown page revisions on a page?

Hans Leemans January 30, 2019

Especially during creation time of some documents a lot of people are working on te same page. We use the Version macro to show all versions but this list is growing very long.

What I would like is that I could add a parameter to the version macro that only the last X number of versions are shown in the page view. So I can limit the view.

Is this possible or is there another way of achieving it? 

At this moment I am using the Cloud server but will migrate soon ton the server version.

2 answers

3 votes
thomasmassengill December 14, 2020

Another way is to place the Change History Macro within a Table Filter:

TableFilterMacro.png

then, enter the amount of rows you'd like to display:

TableFilterRow.png

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Please note that the Table Filter macro is provided by the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

1 vote
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hi Hans,

It sounds like you're referring to the Change History macro.  I'd recommend embedding it in a panel and then limiting the panel size.  This is done using the Div macro as documented by @Milo Grika on this page.  Here's what it looks like in my editor:

Panel.PNG

The finished result is a scrollable 600x400 frame with my page's change history embedded:

Panel2.PNG

Good luck!

Milo Grika January 30, 2019

I approve of this answer! 😁

Like Jared Brenner likes this
Hans Leemans February 5, 2019

great idea, thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events