Can i get information from the database with autocomplete like @?

J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Hi,

first i would like to say i like the PocketQuery plugin a lot. Its very powerful.

My task these days is to find a way to show and reference content from another application which collects data from many other applications and bring them relation so ist easier to for everyone to get this data. "https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9880899" Also some of this data whould be shown in confluence for other users. This is where i see the PocketQuery is working for us.

But furthermore some colleagues want something like the autocomplete for names if they are linking to something in the database, too. We meet this week to talk about  what they really want. But i wanted to ask this in advance, so im prepared to say: "This is the tool of choice." laugh

I know this is not actually what the PocketQuery is build for, but is such a thing possible with the template mayby?

best regards,

J.D.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Hi J.D.!

We are very glad you like PocketQuery and we hope the plugin will fit for your purpose! Please let me just verify I understand you correctly.

Let's take the example with the @-autocomplete. My questions:

1. Are you querying Confluence usernames out of your DB using PocketQuery?
  2. Do you want to have mentions with these users in your page?
  3. Do you want to show the user profiles?

Or am I totally on the wrong track? In general, I'm sure you'll be able to achieve what you want in some way wink.

Regards, Felix [Scandio]

J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2014

Hi Felix, 1. Similar, i would query other things like servernames, divisionnames. 2. Yes i would like to mentions those names. 3. What im actually want to show is a good questions. At the moment the task discription is not really complete. But i just wanted to start to ask you those things. :) Possible example for me: In the db are the Server listed with their names, and what is running on that server etc. On Confluence someone want to mention a server where our webservices are running. And when the webservices migrate to another server, this servername should get shown. Do you understand what i think of? :) Best Regards, J.D.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Hmm. I don't really understand yet. Mentions in Confluence only work with usernames of users registered in Confluence. You cannot use servernames or similar things for mentions. It won't work either to "mention" data queried from the database with Confluence mentions since the mention functionality is only for Confluence users. So if I understand this correctly, this won't work because it's not the way mentions work in Confluence. Or am I still on the wrong track? :)

J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

I know that the @ - mention just works for the users. I want something similiar for Servernames etc. Like you write a # or another placeholder - and the a list of servers in a dropdown list appears as the list for users.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Ah, I see. That's an interesting idea. Sorry, there is no similar feature in PocketQuery. But you can always contact us if you want specific features more "urgently" ;)

J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Okay, no problem. I just wanted to ask to see if i missed something. We will talk today about what we do next. I will contact you if we need a more urgent solution. :) Best regards and thank you for your help, J.D.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events