Can anonymous users see an "include excerpt" from a restricted area?

Hi there,

I have a section in my confluence space restricted to us only (i.e. internal staff), the rest of the pages are for our user documentation-will be treated as anonymous users once I have completed working on it. If I want users to see a segment of a page which is under the restricted area, how can I do this? At current, I have an "excerpt" in our restricted area and "include excerpt" on the user documentation page for them to see. This is so our developers can add information to their page, which is in one area. Is this correct way to do this or is there a way to give that page partial restrictions to allow this? I don't want to do this the other way around where the excerpt is included in the restricted area section because that will mean the developers have to find the right page within the documentation and edit it. Not sure if this possible.

Your support would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shreena

2 answers

0 vote
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Jan 01, 2013

Greetings!

In general you can leverage the default space permissions and manage permissions accordingly:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions

There are additional requirements that seem very similar to what you are trying to acheive. You can review the following links and if interested, you can vote and watch them for updates:

I hope this response was helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian

Nope. Excerpt-include leverages perms. If they couldn't get to the original content, they access it from another page. If you could, it would represent a significant hole in the entire security structure of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,694 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you