Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anonymous users see an "include excerpt" from a restricted area?

Shreena Patel October 28, 2012

Hi there,

I have a section in my confluence space restricted to us only (i.e. internal staff), the rest of the pages are for our user documentation-will be treated as anonymous users once I have completed working on it. If I want users to see a segment of a page which is under the restricted area, how can I do this? At current, I have an "excerpt" in our restricted area and "include excerpt" on the user documentation page for them to see. This is so our developers can add information to their page, which is in one area. Is this correct way to do this or is there a way to give that page partial restrictions to allow this? I don't want to do this the other way around where the excerpt is included in the restricted area section because that will mean the developers have to find the right page within the documentation and edit it. Not sure if this possible.

Your support would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shreena

2 answers

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Nope. Excerpt-include leverages perms. If they couldn't get to the original content, they access it from another page. If you could, it would represent a significant hole in the entire security structure of Confluence.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

Greetings!

In general you can leverage the default space permissions and manage permissions accordingly:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions

There are additional requirements that seem very similar to what you are trying to acheive. You can review the following links and if interested, you can vote and watch them for updates:

I hope this response was helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events