Can I use my own controlled vocabulary for labels in confluence?

Maky Afework January 26, 2018

I am working on a tagging strategy for an enterprise  users on  confluence.  Since there are going to be a  high volume  of users, I wanted to know if there is a way we an maintain labels simlar to a taxonomy. If someone types prescription drugs and another types RX wanted it to automatically pick  the preferred name from a list. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

Labels are intended to be completely free format for the users to tag things in any way they want.  So, no, there's no reduction in freedom for your users.

My personal feeling is that there should be one set of labels, but there should be two types - "official" and "free format".  Give your users a list of pre-approved labels, but still let them enter the ones they often need as well.

Anyway, if you want to go the other way, have a look at the labels add-ons in the marketplace.  The one that I've used a few times to totally break the label field when that's been a sensible requirement (rare, but it does happen) is the "labels cage".  Well worth a look for your use-case.  But check the others, it's been a while since I looked.

Françoise Coulon December 4, 2019

Hello, I would also like to use controlled vocabularies as we already have a taxonomy and a thesaurus and we would need to re-use it for the Labels in Confluence. Do you know what tool(s)/add-ons we could use to import or link them in Confluence?

Many thanks in advance

Françoise

Jules Perrelet August 3, 2020

Bonjour Françoise,

Avez-vous trouvé une solution ? Je cherche également à créer des thésaurus/taxonomies afin de pouvoir classer le contenu de ma base de connaissances !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events