Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade to a new version after maintenance expires?

Amanda Quinn January 26, 2021

The maintenance period that came with our Confluence licenses has expired, but the license itself hasn't expired. Can we install upgrades on our own or do we have to renew our maintenance with Atlassian to upgrade Confluence?

Edit to add: We're currently on vs. 7.0.4 and just trying to upgrade to 7.4.6 for some bug fixes.

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

You can install upgrades, but only ones released before the end of your licence term.

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hey Amanda,

I'd like to add a little flavor here that will help you determine which versions you can upgrade to. The Troubleshooting and Support Tools app that comes bundled with Confluence contains an upgrade planning tool that you can use to see if the license applied in your Server instance will work with any particular version.

For example, I have a Confluence 7.2.0 install here with a license that's past its maintenance period. The tool informs me that I'll need to apply a new license in order to upgrade to Confluence 7.4.6:

image.png

If I select a version that my license's maintenance period is good for (or I apply an updated license), the check will pass:

image.png

I hope that helps save a little time!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi,

you can only upgrade to versions that has been released within your licenses support time. If you want to update to current versions, you have to renew your license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events