Can I somehow add content in a new table row without going into edit mode?

Markus Raab February 10, 2021

I know this does not work out of the box, but it would be really extremely convenient.

Many employees are not the biggest fans of documentation. We want to have some form of chronological documentation in a table. The additional step of going into edit mode can turn some people down. Adding comments in Confluence is very easy, and I would love to be able to add content to new table rows just like that.

We use the Table Filter and Chart for Confluence plugin to apply filter and search features.

Is there some option to get this done? 

EDIT:

Shows a sample of a table. I would like to easily add a new row:

Click to add current date + dropdown to add reporter / type / priority + type milestone description.

image.png

2 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Markus Raab ,

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is one of our apps, so we are happy that you find it useful for your tables.

What concerns adding/deleting table rows from the view mode, I'm not really sure if there are any plugins on the Atlassian Marketplace that allow you to perform such operations.

If to talk about editing table data in the view mode (I mean, editing existing table cells), it is possible with the help of additional apps, so you should browse the Marketplace.

For example, we have the Handy Macros for Confluence app which Handy Status and Handy Date macros allow you to update statuses and dates on the fly from the page view mode. 

Markus Raab February 10, 2021

Thanks a lot - yes, I know the Handy Macros as we purchased it already at my last company.

I did some research and could not come up with any solution either. Confluence is, unfortunately, a bit lacking when it comes to such things.

Great work @Table Filter and Charts - all the best with your further developments.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

An update for everybody who uses our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app - our new Table Spreadsheet macro allows you to edit content from the page view mode.

Ezra Goodnoe July 22, 2022

@[deleted]Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ I am im the middle of a test implementation of this macro right now!  Glad to know this!  I'll test it out right now.  Thank you for the heads up.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2021

No, there is no way to do what you want. What is so hard with user having to type 'e' to edit the page?

Ezra Goodnoe July 22, 2022

This is the response of a "community leader"?!?  You do understand that some people have needs that might not match your own, right?

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2022

Well sarcasm aside, just saying there is a simple approach which is to just edit the page. Doesn't require any additional plugins.

And being on the Cloud, you are at risk of Atlassian updating their code, and suddenly your solution doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events