Can I save-as a desktop document directly to Confluence

Michael Perretta January 11, 2021

I have a document I started in Excel on my desktop. When I go to save as file I see ways to save to my desktop but I also see ability to same to my company's OneDrive and Sharepoint. Can I get something in there for Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Nope, sorry.

OneDrive and Sharepoint are Microsoft products, as is Excel. So it's no surprise that they integrate with each other strongly.

Theoretically, Microsoft might be able extend Excel to use the Confluence REST API to create a new page. But there is no incentive for them to do so.

Microsoft also offers it's AppStore for add-ons to Excel, but there is nothing to integrate with Confluence. Theoretically, some entrepreneur developer could create an Excel add-on that uses the Confluence REST API to implement a "Save to new Confluence page" feature.

Workaround: you can copy/paste much of the content from an Excel spreadsheet into a table in Confluence. I realize it's not the same, but it's an easy workaround.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events