Can I review which/how many Include Content macros use a particular Content Block?

It'd be useful to know that a Content Block is being used by one or more Include Contents, and on which articles.

In particular, if I'm reviewing an article for potential deletion, I might keep it if parts of the content are being used elsewhere in Confluence.

There are two ways in which I can see this being useful:

1. An option in the Content Block macro itself, a 'click to view' report of where the content is being used.
  2. An admin option in the space Content Tools, showing the full list of each article that has a Content Block being used and which pages are using it in Include Content macros.

So we'd have the name of the page followed by a list of the other pages that use the content from the page.

Obviously there are the permissions that would hide from my view the pages I can't normally see, but perhaps there's a way around that by merely stating "Pages you do not have permission to view are using the content in this Content Block on this page."

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

@Davin Studer made a user macro that does that:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32534246

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

280 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you