Can I review which/how many Include Content macros use a particular Content Block?

Graham Campbell October 19, 2016

It'd be useful to know that a Content Block is being used by one or more Include Contents, and on which articles.

In particular, if I'm reviewing an article for potential deletion, I might keep it if parts of the content are being used elsewhere in Confluence.

There are two ways in which I can see this being useful:

1. An option in the Content Block macro itself, a 'click to view' report of where the content is being used.
  2. An admin option in the space Content Tools, showing the full list of each article that has a Content Block being used and which pages are using it in Include Content macros.

So we'd have the name of the page followed by a list of the other pages that use the content from the page.

Obviously there are the permissions that would hide from my view the pages I can't normally see, but perhaps there's a way around that by merely stating "Pages you do not have permission to view are using the content in this Content Block on this page."

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

@Davin Studer made a user macro that does that:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32534246

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events