Can I restrict some particular lines in confluence page to be visible only to few users

Aishwarya Singh December 27, 2019

Hello,

I use confluence for my product documentation. Normally, I write the content in the confluence page hosted on my company's internal portal. This portal is then synced to an external portal which my customer use to access documentation.

My query is: Is there a way I can restrict some particular lines in my internal confluence page (may be using some macro) so that those lines in the page will not get synced and customers cannot see it. For example, some information intended for developers only.

I know 'hidden' macro but it hides the particular content altogether and not even internal users can see it.

Thanks and Regards,

Aishwarya Singh

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

No, there are no built-in functions that allow for partial visibility of a page.

You might finds something in the marketplace, or possibly write a user macro that can do what the "hide" macro does based on the groups of the logged-in people.

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020
0 votes
Aishwarya Singh December 29, 2019

Thank you. The second solution of creating user macro seems very good. Can you please direct me to some link where I can read on 'How to create a user macro' in confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events