Can I re-use the template created in my personal space in a different space, where I am not an admin

Lena Krasnova December 21, 2021

I have created a template in my space and want to create a template button on the page, that is in a different space. I couldn't do it? I also couldn't recreate my template in that space as I don't have access. That means my templates are useless.

I could create a page from the template in my space and then move it to that space. 

Why are these restrictions? Or maybe I have missed something and using your own templates is possible anywhere.

3 answers

1 vote
Lena Krasnova December 22, 2021

@Andy Gladstone Thank you for your answer. Where do I find settings menu -> Configuration -> Global Templates and Blueprints.

I can only see either settings under my space, or settings for a particular space. Not sure where to look for global settings?

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Lena Krasnova ,

Welcome to the community. 

There are two kinds of templates. Global templates, that can be used in every space and space templates  that can be used only in the space it was created in.

So in your personal space, you have the global templates and the templates you created. 

In the other space are the global templates and the templates created there.

Creating templates is a matter of permissions,  in a space you have to be space administrator. For global templates you must be a confluence administrator. 

Creating templates is restricted, so that the users responsible for the space (space administrator) can decide which templates should be available, so that only relevant and correct templates are there.

If there are tons of templates, it confuses the users and no one knows which template to use.

Lena Krasnova December 22, 2021

Thank you very for the clear answer. I will contact the administrator to see if my template could be added. 

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Templates are either space specific or global. If you created the template in your personal space, or any space, you won't be able to access it elsewhere. 

IN order to create a Global template, you need to access the tool under the settings menu -> Configuration -> Global Templates and Blueprints.

You cannot move an already created Space Template into Global Templates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events