Can I make a page invisible while editing it?

Angelika Geissler August 1, 2017

I am creating a  new page tree in confluence and I woud like to not make it visible while I am creating it. How can I do that? We dont have restrictions in who can see our confluence pages that we use. They are public.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

The only way to hide a page is by restricting it.  That would be onerous to do for every edit, and also unnerving for users, as their pages might vanish and re-appear apparently at random.

It does make sense to hide a set of pages when you are first creating them.  The best way to do that is simple - have a "new stuff" page at the top of your space, and restrict it to yourself.  Create everything you need underneath it, the top-level restriction will mean only you can see these pages.  Get them ready, then simply move the whole lot to the right place in the public areas of your Space.

John Corwith August 3, 2017

If you restrict view/edit to yourself, why not just create it in the destination location?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events