Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I limit permission based on labels in confluence?

Robert Olejniczak November 30, 2016

Hi,

is there any way to limit permissions in confluence based on labels?

E.g. all sites with label "ABC" are only visible for users in a specific group?

Thanks

Robert

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Hi Robert,

There is no way to limit access to spaces or pages based on labels. There are quite a few permission add-ons in the Atlassian Marketplace and one of those may be able to help you.

Hi Rob,

unfortunately I haven't found by now a suitable plugin for this special use case.

Thanks anyway

Bioinformatics May 28, 2021

Hi Robert - did you ever find a way to limit access to spaces or pages based on labels?

Thanks,

Steve

Like # people like this
Miriam Hopton July 8, 2021

I am curious as well, regarding can you assign permission on viewing/access based on labels. That would be a great feature to have (if not available) and it seems like many others want this. 

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

I think Confluence works the other way in that people have access to different Spaces based on what Permission groups you assign to them individually.

So if you have Space ABC, DEF and XYZ, ABC will allow anyone access if they hold Permission group Alpha, DEF will allow access to anyone who holds permission group Delta, whilst XYZ will allow access to anyone who holds either Alpha or Delta.

Suppose Fred has been given both Alpha and Delta Permissions, he can see all three Spaces.
But if you later remove Delta Permissions from him he will revert to only seeing ABC.

Just continue through each of your Spaces deciding if you want either Alpha or Delta or both Permissions group to have access.

Hi Rodney,

our use case is: limit/restrict some labeled sites to special groups only within the same space.

Additionally I should mention that we don't grant space admin permissions to our users as we have to be very carefully about the visibility of each space. Therefore only admins can change permissions.

Of couse we can manage the permissions/restriction for each site individually. But that means a lot of administration. If I could assign a permission/restriction to a label and the label itself is mapped with groups/users it would be a nice feature as it would allow a kind of sub-administration by space-users itself within the space.

Thanks anyway

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events