Can I create a whole space template?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Blueprints

I would like to define a "space template", not a page template.

That is, when the user clicks on create space in addition to the default promoted spaces (Blank, Documentation, Team, Personal, etc.) also my "template space" would be listed.

The template shall include some pages, some default access rights, some style sheets, etc.

Is this already possible? I only manage to create template pages so far.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rosario

Yes Confluence can be configured with a "space template" this is called a Space Blueprint. These are defined as plugins that are added to your instance. See https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/confluence-blueprints/space-blueprints for more details of how these can be developed. 

Alternatively if this looks scary many Atlassian partners are skilled in the implementation of Space Blueprints and will be able to assist you.

Regards

Phill

blueprints are way too complicated, but this is the answer to my question even if I do not like it...

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rosario,

Have a look at our Plugin. It does exatly what your are looking for and it is really simple to use. The template is a normal confluence page tree and the end users simple press a button, filling out the form and the space is created.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eps.focuspro.SpaceTreeCreator/server/overview

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

155 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you