Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a client content portal (for external users)

Inge Mesuere August 26, 2015

I want to create a client portal where our customers can login, create a project, upload content for a project, approve our work and get an overview of their projects with it's status.

External users (our clients) must be able to:
- login
- make a new project 
- upload files
- upload or enter/type a project description
- approve our design
- comment on our design and talk to the members of our design team (interaction between us and the client)
- get an overview of their projects
- view the status of their projects

Our clients certainly should NOT be able to:
- talk to other clients
- see projects of other clients, only of their own company
- see activities or other things regarding to other clients
- create tasks or meetings

Is that possible with Confluence? If the answer is yes, can someone give me tips to get me started?

When a client enters a project and the content (files) we need, we can use Confluence and JIRA for our internal project management and more. But the client portal part of it is my problem.

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Conde August 26, 2015

Hello Inge.

In Confluence, it is possible for you to create a structure where your clients can do everything you mention. The problem comes with the things they are not supposed to do which I do not think it is possible currently in Confluence Cloud.

There is a feature request to disable those feature in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34134.

If you use Confluence server instead of Cloud, you could manually disable most of those features..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events