Can I copy/export only one page to another confluence server?

Ram Dulam September 20, 2015

Hi There,

I have a confluence server at home. I have prepared few pages. Can I copy them exactly the same look and feel to my office confluence server?.

I know there is an option to export to word and import as word. But the look and feel of the imported word is completely deferent than what I created. Can anyone suggest me something.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Ram

3 answers

1 vote
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

If you're on a recent version of Confluence and can access both your home and work instances from either location, then can't you just open the source page in Edit mode, do Control-A/Command-A to select all of it, then create a new page in the work instance and paste it into it?

Michael Schmid January 27, 2016

This, works not bad.

Only copy parts works too.

But when try to copy tables you have to deaktivate Numbering-Column in Tablesettings

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2015

Hi Ram,

Do you have a Confluence Source Editor plugin installed on your Confluence installations?

Then you can go with RAW storage format, sort of a XML to export/import exactly what you have (assuming the difference in Confluence versions is not that big, as 5.8 format is not same as version 5)

Best Regards,

Sash

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2015

Hi Ram,

You can do a space export and choose XML, Custom Export, and choose only the pages you want.  Then, as long as you do not have a space with the same spacekey on the office server, you could import the space and move the pages to where they should be.  This is what I would recommend if you have attachments on the page (and your office confluence is an equal/newer version as yours at home).  Otherwise I would just do what Sash recommended smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events