Can I convert a Confluence page to the new editor?

Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2019

Is it possible to convert an existing page to the new editor?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiffany
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2020

Hi all,

The community post here details a page conversion feature coming soon to Confluence! There is a form you can fill out if you'd like to get this feature on your instance. 

Best,

Tiffany

1 vote
Dominic_Fournier January 16, 2020

Now that the feature is released, do we have any update on this? @Maarten Cautreels 

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Dominic_Fournier

The feature is soon to be available to the first users in February. If you'd like to be apart of this, please let me know what the instance name is. Feel free to reach out to me at tchang@atlassian.com.

Best,

Tiffany

Like # people like this
Florina Anghel February 14, 2020

Any news about this? It would be really useful to have this feature, in order to have consistency throughout all the Confluence pages.

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2020

Hi @Florina Anghel

You can find more information about the feature here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/Convert-your-old-pages-to-the-new-editor/ba-p/1292275. This wll be released in the coming weeks.

Best,

Tiffany

Grady Drew March 17, 2020

@Tiffany Has this been released yet? 

How can I get quick access to this feature? We're in desperate need to convert our old content to the new format. 

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2020

Hi all, please follow the link in the accepted answer above. You can fill out a form to get the feature on your instance. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/Convert-your-old-pages-to-the-new-editor/ba-p/1292275

1 vote
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2019

Hi @Michael Arndt ,

I'm a PM working on the team that's in the process of building a mechanism to opt in pages (later spaces and sites) to the new editor from the old one in a self serve manner. This is still several weeks away from being available. We'll absolutely be sure to communicate it once it's ready for use!

Thanks,

Avinoam

demolitionmode December 10, 2019

Hi @Avinoam 

Is this feature close to being released?

Thanks,

Dan

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2019

@demolitionmode we'll likely start opening it up for early access in January. Once we do we'll do a community post inviting people to start using it if they'd like.

Like # people like this
Ben Ernst January 2, 2020

@Avinoam following this ticket for updates.

Seth Cavanagh January 23, 2020

Does this feature exist yet? @Avinoam 

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2020

Hi @Seth Cavanagh

This feature will soon be available to the earliest users starting in February! If you'd like to get access starting in February for your instance, please send me the instance name. Feel free to reach out at tchang@atlassian.com.

Best,

Tiffany

Seth Cavanagh January 27, 2020

Thanks, Tiffany

Will shoot you an email!

Rahav February 5, 2020

@Tiffany Chung What is the status? Can we convert individual pages?

André Bação March 6, 2020

Hi @Tiffany and @Avinoam 
I am also in need to upgrade a edit-v1 page to a edit-v2.

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2020

@Rahav and @André Bação If your instance currently doesn't have this feature and you'd like to see it on your instance, please send me an email with your instance name (what is in the url before .atlassisan.net) and whether or not you're a site admin to tchang@atlassian.com.

André Bação March 7, 2020

Hi @Tiffany .
We have old edit-v1 pages but if I create a new page it comes with edit-v2.

I want to "upgrade" a single page from v1 to v2. 

I'm not the admin on this particular instance.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2019

Hi Michael,

According to the documentation I don't think it's possible yet for just anyone: "For now, this will only apply to new pages that you create. Existing pages will continue to use the old editing experience."

However, you can sign up to get your site in the early access program for this feature.

Hope this helps.

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events